Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cleaning vertical blinds...

I know I haven't posted on here for ages and this isn't a specific to Hamilton post, but it's a challenge I've had to overcome recently.
Our landlord commented that there was some mould on some of the vertical blinds in our house and could we please arrange to have these cleaned. Now I didn't want to have to pay somebody else to do it and I wanted a cheap natural way to do it myself, so here is my tried and tested method.

Step 1. Using a sponge and a little bit of vinegar in a little water, wipe down each individual blind front and back, paying attention to any specific mouldy areas/fly spots/dirt build-up.

Step 2. Using a solution of 4-5 drops of Oil of cloves in a 1/2 bucketful of water, wipe both sides of each blind again.

The vinegar mixture helps to clean off the dirt. The Oil of cloves kills the mould and prevents it from returning.

Thanks to the book 'Spotless' by Shannon Lush and Jennifer Fleming for pointing me in the right direction. I adapted my solution from ones about mould on handbags and walls.

4 comments:

  1. In order to achieve the best window blinds design and styles, it is important for you to look forward to the cheap vertical blinds. Hence visit the Online Blinds UK Ltd website to know more Details.
    By:
    http://www.onlineblindsukltd.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to put together such detailed instructions! My blind turned out quite well.



    Vertical Blinds & Venetian Blinds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing it's really helpful
    thanks for sharing.
    We offer you good quality vertical blinds in Qatar at affordable rates.
    qatarpaintingservices

    ReplyDelete